All based heavily on the amazing book A Web for Everyone (Designing Accessible User Experiences) by Sarah Horton & Whitney Quesenbery. Training methods based on techniques in Training From The Back Of The Room by Sharon Bowman.
- A Web for Everyone Resources (scroll down to Meet the personas)
- AccessibleUX Personas Overview (PDF)
Poster for the walls
- Equations (PDF)
- Record session if possible
- Make slides available
- Thank you! :)
- Session was very informative
- If someone attends and doesn’t have a laptop how can they access the content afterwards?
- Online documentation
- Perhaps we can also split into small groups and share practical examples of the web accessibility issues we found on a site
- Encourage learning from others.
- From Justin: demo things first, then ask attendees to do it. E.g. using screen reader, using Inspect in the browser.
- Encourage aspiring developer to join the meetup group.
- Keep up with doing the tutorial during the meetup.
- You guys talk about all the fancy technologies and assume other know it. Maybe make sure everyone understands.
- Very good and informative.
- Maybe illustrate practical usage of screen reader.
- Have someone with a disability illustrate how they use the web.