An Work-In-Progress document for the structure of the workshop. This is a list of ideas, not a list of All The Things we will do.
Idea for general flow:
- attendees form smallish groups at tables;
- each table makes a list of patterns;
- each person picks a pattern and works through improving it;
- each person presents to the table.
- What are Future Friendly principles and why should you care?
- What are some common patterns and are they Future Friendly?
- For the patterns that aren’t, how can we make them Future Friendly?
Things to keep in mind
Behaviour + Concept / Skill = Learning Outcome
- Movement trumps splitting
- Talking trumps listening
- Images trump words
- Writing trumps reading
- Shorter trumps longer
- Different trumps same
More things to remember:
- Primacy-Recency principle
- Content; activity; materials
- Provide graphic organisers
- Individual accountability
- Table demos and presentations. Less pressure, more trust.
- Collaboration over competition.